Friday, November 18, 2005

And She Can Cook, Too!

This is one of the best desserts EVER! I made it for a family dinner recently...it's from the November issue of Bon Appetit magazine, and it's called Coconut Carmel Cashew Tart in a Chocolate Crust (or something like that!). Now, mind you, I'm not much of a cashew fan, but this looked so delicious in the magazine that I had to make it, and I adore carmel and coconut. That's a teeny, tiny red orchid on the top. As Emeril says, "You need Smell-A-Vision for this one!"

It is super decadent and very, very rich, so even this smallish 9" tart will serve 12 people. I served it with vanilla ice cream. YUMMY! Here's the link to the recipe at Bon Appetit's website: www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/233183

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious!! Next time use mac nuts if you don't like cashews and make it "Hawaiian"

Love ya, Shel