Monday, July 24, 2006

Peaceful Moments

I have a lot of pictures and new projects to post, and will do so later tonight. But in the meantime, here is a thought I want to share.

While I was working on a new quilt yesterday, I realized that there were two specific moments during that day where I was completely at peace. The first was with Bruce and Cody, first thing in the morning, while we were floating in the water at the beach. The second as I was patiently pinning a long curved seam I was getting ready to sew.

Two very simple pleasures, at least for me.

What brings you peace?

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Enjoying a cup of coffee, early in the morning, watching the sun come up over the mountains. . . hiking up the mountains. . . or if it's winter and I can't do that, sitting in front of the fire with a good book or some hand work.
Working in the studio is fun, invigorating, challenging- but I don't know that I'd call it peaceful!

Teri said...

I love to lay back and "rest my eyes" under a lightweight quilt, with a warm summer breeze blowing in the window that's over my bed. Which reminds me... gotta go rest my eyes!!

Deb H said...

I'm with you. Floating freely in the water, feeling weightless, that's the best! Unfortunatly, I don't get much water time living in Alaska.

But being in the woods, which I am every day that I'm at home is as good, & so is doing free motion thread play & quilting on my machine. When that machine gets humming along, & I get into the Zone, that's Nirvana!