Monday, July 10, 2006

France Patchwork Article

Good news! The article on Hawaiian Quilting that I wrote for the French National Quilt Guild's magazine, France Patchwork, has been printed! There is a two-page spread in the magazine - you can order a copy or see about a subscription at France Patchwork.

It is a lovely magazine. I really enjoy the international ones, like this one (of course!) and those from New Zealand and Australia. It is full of inspiring photos and patterns, too. The only drawback is that it is printed in French. I knew I should have taken French in High School!

Veronique, my contact at the magazine, was lovely and very helpful. All writing assignments should be this easy! Thanks, Veronique and France Patchwork magazine!

2 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

Wow, I hadn't realized, it's been a while sice I checked in on you. Good for you on the article.

The sewing space may be small, but when you have a view like that,what does small space matter?

I have a bigger space now, mine used to be at least as small or maybe smaller, but it seems like I got more accomplished in the smaller space, it seems like I've too busy to get much done since we added on.
As far NQA comments, I guess they felt compelled to find something 'wrong' to say just so you wouldn't question why you didn't get a ribbon? Who knows, regardles it is a lovely quilt.

Your newest piece looks great. I can't wait to see it come together. I'll be back!

Kay said...

Congratulations! So did you write the article in English and they translated it? I didn't see this magazine when I was in France recently, just the other one, Quiltmania. I put some pictures of French quilts on my blog about the middle of June. The show was small, but interesting in the variety, some very American style, others not, especially in types of fabric used.