Friday, October 28, 2005

Coffee Craziness

Coffee has been on my mind a lot lately.

My quilt for the Kona Coffee Cultural Festival contest is safely in Kona waiting for the show to open on November 10th. Other coffee-themed quilts are swirling in my mind like frappuccino in a blender at Starbucks.

Speaking of Starbucks...I've never been much of a coffee drinker, but once again my palate is changing. As I stand in line pondering my choices: should I have a grande mocha frappuccino double blended no whip, or my new favorite (thanks, Jerry!) - a venti non-fat (sometimes decaf) caramel macchiato? Nothing like a little jolt of sugar-laced caffeine to get you going in the morning.

People ordering coffee drinks always cracked me up and here I am now, one of them! Listening to several pros order their cups of joe (sissy and serious) can be quite intimidating, but once you get the cadence down, you're set. This reminds me of the coffee store scenes in Will Farrell's movie, "Kicking and Screaming," which we saw this week. It was worth watching the movie just for those moments - any coffee orderer can relate and will appreciate them!

No doubt the serious coffee drinkers out there are poo-pooing my taste for coffee drinks (akin to juice cocktail - probably just 10% of the stuff)...

But back to the quilt ideas...I want to make an arty quilt called "Coffee and Cigarettes" (no, I don't smoke, but I like the name!). I wonder what I can come up with?

I think I'll grab a cup and contemplate it.

1 comment:

Elle said...

I've had Blue Mountain coffee at the plantation it comes from in Jamaica, but I will buy a caramel macchiato in a second!!!!