- I was a hard rock “headbanger” in high school – leather miniskirts, thigh-high boots, silk jackets, bandanas and all.
- I loved being in marching band and color guard in high school, and was part of the Velvet Knights drum and bugle corps color guard for three seasons.
- Mean kids picked on me from 6th grade to 9th grade.
- I had poetry published in Teen Magazine in 1984.
- My first car was a
truck, which I turned into a low-rider and then joined a mini-truck club (much to my parents utter annoyance). I had that damn truck for 20 years (the lowering stage was short-lived, however)! Toyota
- I know how to shoot a gun.
- The longest race I’ve run is a half-marathon and would like to complete an Olympic-distance triathlon or full marathon before (or when) I’m 40. (YIKES! That’s only 2 years from now…I’d better get on it!)
- I love my husband to distraction and he is also my best friend.
- I have very 1950’s thoughts and values when it comes to marriage.
- I am a fiercely loyal friend and that can sometimes get me into trouble.
- The ocean scares me and enchants me at the same time.
- Music is a very important part of my everyday life.
- If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone to culinary school.
- I am very happy with the direction my quiltmaking is taking.
- I still sleepwalk on occasion.
- My grandmother had a huge impact on my life and I miss her dearly.
- I cherish my small circle of friends.
- I love old things and could spend all day in antiques stores (this was cultivated in me at a very early age by my mom who loves old things too).
- If money was no object my husband and I would have a farm with lots of animals.
- I wish my family wasn't scattered so far apart.
Tuesday, October 25, 2005
20 Things About Me
I've seen this on a couple of blogs now, so I thought I'd share some things about me: