Tuesday, October 25, 2005

20 Things About Me

I've seen this on a couple of blogs now, so I thought I'd share some things about me:

  1. I was a hard rock “headbanger” in high school – leather miniskirts, thigh-high boots, silk jackets, bandanas and all.
  2. I loved being in marching band and color guard in high school, and was part of the Velvet Knights drum and bugle corps color guard for three seasons.
  3. Mean kids picked on me from 6th grade to 9th grade.
  4. I had poetry published in Teen Magazine in 1984.
  5. My first car was a Toyota truck, which I turned into a low-rider and then joined a mini-truck club (much to my parents utter annoyance). I had that damn truck for 20 years (the lowering stage was short-lived, however)!
  6. I know how to shoot a gun.
  7. The longest race I’ve run is a half-marathon and would like to complete an Olympic-distance triathlon or full marathon before (or when) I’m 40. (YIKES! That’s only 2 years from now…I’d better get on it!)
  8. I love my husband to distraction and he is also my best friend.
  9. I have very 1950’s thoughts and values when it comes to marriage.
  10. I am a fiercely loyal friend and that can sometimes get me into trouble.
  11. The ocean scares me and enchants me at the same time.
  12. Music is a very important part of my everyday life.
  13. If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone to culinary school.
  14. I am very happy with the direction my quiltmaking is taking.
  15. I still sleepwalk on occasion.
  16. My grandmother had a huge impact on my life and I miss her dearly.
  17. I cherish my small circle of friends.
  18. I love old things and could spend all day in antiques stores (this was cultivated in me at a very early age by my mom who loves old things too).
  19. If money was no object my husband and I would have a farm with lots of animals.
  20. I wish my family wasn't scattered so far apart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your list, I don't know if I would list the same things, I should sit down and do it just for 'prosperity' and again each year? However, many/most of the things you did list we have in common (I wasn't in band and my first car was a Chevy Vega (a bit before your time!). Your truck would be 'in style' now!....Love Janey (c-ya tomorrow)