I've been painting Honu II.
Last night I got a little carried away and went way to far overboard with the paint on his head. I just kept adding and adding, then told myself, "Step away from the paint." I thought it would look better this morning.
In fact, it was so awful that I pinned a piece of fabric over his face in embarrassment.
I don't know if I will be brave enough to post a picture here or not, but let's suffice it to say that I'm going to need to make some major corrections before I can go forward. I'll either have to pry off the pieces that have already been fused down or fuse something over the top of the goofed areas, which I think will make it too stiff.
Someday there will be a day when I can make a major quilt without a major blunder before I finish it. This has happened on each of the last few quilts I've made. "Hula Kahiko" actually suffered two traumatic incidents which were subsequently corrected without notice. At least I'm not in tears over it, so I must be learning something!