This is a sample I made up for our new art quilt group that met last Tuesday. I used the book "Fusing Fabric" and an article from the Spring 2005 issue of Quilting Arts magazine for inspiration.
I'm not sure if I'm completely satisfied with this process. It seems some fine tuning needs to be made while using the soldering iron to burn away fabric. The iron tends to get covered in a gummy residue from the melted fabric and the tip is so hot I'm afraid to wipe it off.
I think I'll embellish this little piece and see what happens. I bought some decorative yard/thread yesterday, and I like the combination:
I think I'll play with it a little this weekend.