Monday, May 29, 2006

New Quilt Yet to Be Named

Speaking of Teri Austin, this is a sneak peak of another project I started this weekend (can you tell I've had a little time to sew???). The green area is made up of pieced 1 1/2" strips. The flower is fused.

Special thanks to Kristin La Flamme for the inspiring photo this quilt is based on!

I'm not going to show you the whole thing now, just little bits as I go. there is still LOTS of work to do just to finish the top, then painting, then threadwork, then quilting.

I'm having a great time working on this one. I've been using quite a bit of a gorgeous hand-dye by my friend Jane Loeffler. Turns out my friend Keri knew I was dreaming of that particular piece and she nabbed it from Jane to give to me as a gift. I've been reluctant to cut into it, but it was perfect for some of the flower petals so I dug right in. It will be swiss cheese when I'm done, but I'm sure I'll put every bit of it to good use. Thanks Jane and Keri!

No comments: