Monday, July 23, 2007

Vacation Planning - Quilt Shops?

As we've been planning our trip, I've been searching for quilt-shop-stops along the way. I've found a few, but I'm considering not making some stops. Why?

Well, I'm not much of a quilt shop binger (is that even a word?). Usually, when I take trips (few and far between), I am working on a particular project, so I have specific purchases in mind. Mostly it will be a particular color of fabric I need and can't get at home. But right now, I don't need any project-specific fabric, and I certainly don't need any more fabric period. I've gotten away from book-buying, and have even sold a bunch at the amazon.com marketplace. I pretty much have all the notions, scissors, needles, pins, etc. I need.

So other than a stop at Superior Threads (in St. George, as we are passing through), because one can never have enough thread, I may not stop at all. Unless, of course, dear reader, you can give me a darn good reason why I should. And if you happen to know of any must-see good shops between Las Vegas and Cody, Wyoming, let me know.

P.S. This doesn't include the shop somewhere in Wyoming or Montana that my Uncle Jim has personally picked out for me to visit, of course! :-) How nice is that?

No comments: