Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Guilty Pleasure - Hell's Kitchen

I love to cook. I love cooking almost as much as I love quilting, so you can kind of get the picture.

I love cooking magazines and read Bon Appetit, Gourmet and Food & Wine regularly. I sometimes get Cooking Light and Vegetarian Times. I enjoy reading cooking fiction and non-fiction (my recent favs are Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl, Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain, and The Apprentice: My Life In the Kitchen by Jacques Pepin). Cookbooks are wondrous things: all of the potential inside of one...mind-boggling! And a good one is worth its weight in truffles.

So, all of that being said, I'm addicted to Hell's Kitchen! Bruce and I are enjoying this season immensely - in all its screaming, crying, tantrum throwing glory. I was especially pleased that Melissa was voted off this week without a blink from Gordon. If I had to see her flying, crazy cavewoman hair for one more week I'd have to turn it off. What was the deal with that anyway?

My prediction is that it will come down to Jen and Rock at the end. We'll see!

1 comment:

dee said...

Rock has it nailed. Melissa's disgusting, dirty looking, hair was most disturbing-happy to see her go. Who would want to eat food cooked by that slovenly mess?
Do you watch No Reservations on the travel channel? I adore Anthony Bourdain. A little snark with food is super!
I think your artwork is spectacular.