Wednesday, July 18, 2007

UH-OH

I have a serious case of short-timer's disease. This mainly affects people who have given their two-week notice at work and are leaving their job (not me!), but has been known to infect those who are getting ready to go on vacation (me).

I have an extremely long to-do list at work, which I am trying to desperately stay focused on, but my mind keeps wandering to my extremely long "get ready to go on vacation" to do list at home. Another insidious side effect is the distinct craving for junk food, which was fueled by the distribution of glazed donuts to the kids at work this morning. I'm trying to quell that craving with a diet Coke and handful of nuts. Good friggin' luck!

It's exhausting driving all night (many nights, in my dreams!). I know all of this nocturnal activity will culminate in a dream about missing our flight (or something equally frustrating) the night before we leave. Do you ever dream stuff like that?

Anyway, it feels good to get this off my chest! Now, back to work...

No comments: