Thursday, February 23, 2006

Workshop with Esterita

This is how it all starts - controlled chaos! I had an absolute blast in the Esterita Austin 3-day workshop that Robin, Joan and I coordinated here on Maui. I was going to do a still life, but at the last minute decided to do a turtle instead.



Here is a look at the start of the project. At least you can tell it's a turtle! I've been working on it a little bit each night this week so I'll post an updated picture soon. I'll probably start the threadwork this weekend. BTW, Esterita's Misty Fuse is the GREATEST STUFF EVER! Wait until you see the tulle and things I'll add to the background with the black fuse. I especially like the fact that there is no paper attached and you can use every single bit - no waste.

It was wonderful to have three entire days to do nothing but work on a quilting project! I've never taken more than a one-day class before. We're planning to make this an annual event. Yeah!

2 comments:

Kay said...

I'm really intrigued by the Misty Fuse. Haven't actually seen any of it, just seen it in catalogs. You've sold me to try it.

Sandra said...

Thanks for introducing me to Esterita's work. Fantastic stuff. I'll have to try her fusible webbing. And I love your turtle. It is beautiful.