Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Quilt Fever

I'm sick with a case of quilt fever. Like any other ailment, it comes upon me at the most inopportune times! Right now my house is a construction zone and I'm supposed to be helping with various projects, not to mention everyday chores like cooking and cleaning. It is not a good time to get out fabric or my sewing machine (after all, I just cleaned up after one quilt), yet I am compelled to do so.

Two weeks ago I heard about the Kona Coffee Cultural Festival Quilt Contest. I hear about challenges, contests and shows almost every day through various sources: email, magazines, friends, etc., and certainly don't act on every one. But for some reason after hearing about this one, my mind went crazy with ideas. I pulled out paper and pencil and drew up a pretty good sketch for a design. And I don't even drink coffee!!

Later that week, I received the latest issue of Quilting Arts magazine and read about the Self Portrait Challenge. This one simmered a little longer before taking hold, but right now I am sitting in front of another workable design idea. I'm just trying to figure out how I can squeeze in some creative time tonight so I can at least cut out the pieces. Thankfully, it is only 8 1/2 x 11 inches. The deadline isn't until September...but I have quilt fever NOW!

Fusible, here I come!

No comments: