Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Quilt Conference Countdown

Yeah! Quilt Hawaii starts tomorrow. All of my quilting friends here on Maui are gathering their supplies and packing their trunks in anticipation of the show.

I've yet to pack! I've also not selected the fabric for the "Giant Dahlia" class on Sunday. I toyed with the idea of not going to that class because the samples I've seen are so uninspiring, but this morning on DIY just before Simply Quilts, Staci Michell was giving a fabric dyeing demo and there was on with hand-dyes on the wall behind her. OK. Now I know what I want...but can I get my act together in time??

Thursday and Friday are full day classes with Libby Lehman of "Threadplay" fame. I am so looking forward to being a student instead of a teacher and spending two full days (maybe three) playing with fabric and thread, visiting the quilt show, and seeing what the different vendors have to offer. It is not often that we have such an event in our own back yard (it's been four years since Quilt Hawaii was here last), so I'm planning to make the most of it! See the show website at www.quiltventures.com.

More news later...

No comments: