Tuesday, December 04, 2007

BINGO! Wins!

Remember when I posted about working with the book "On the Surface"? Well, this was the project I was working on at the time.

The theme for Art Quilt Tahoe's challenge this year was B-9, or Be Nine, or Benign, as it was their 9th anniversary. As soon as I heard the theme, I immediately thought of BINGO!

The title of this quilt is "B9=BINGO! Everybody Wins at Art Quilt Tahoe." The background checkerboard is woven and embellished with silver, black and red decorative threads. I stamped the BINGO card and the red markers are hand painted stainless steel washers. I couldn't find round clear glass or plastic markers, so I improvised based on a suggestion from my friend Joan. Thanks, Joan!

I had to Google BINGO to find out what the correct number layout was - in case you are wondering, it's 1-15, 16-30, 31-45, 45-60, and 61-75. Did you know that the mathematician who developed the bingo cards actually went crazy?

My quilt won first place and $100 in the challenge at AQT!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend Charlotte, who was at Art Quilt Tahoe, called me and raved about you, your work, your challenge quilt, everything. Congratulations on your first place ribbon, and on all of your recent successes! How wonderful that your efforts are being rewarded! Awesome. :)

Nellie's Needles said...

Yeah! That is a fun quilt. Congratulations!

Vicki W said...

Congratulations! That is a very clever interpretation of the theme and a great looking quilt!

Stefanie said...

Congrats! How exciting!

Teri said...

Very cute quilt! Congratulations! I love the ribbon to!