Tuesday, December 13, 2005

First Quilt

While unpacking the Christmas decorations, look what we found! This is the very first quilt I made.

This is a hand pieced, hand appliqued and hand quilted quilt. When I bought the supplies to make this project, I invested in a pair of Gingher shears, which I still have today (and love!). This was also the first time I realized that you could put two prints next to each other!

I swore I would never do hand applique again after making this quilt. Believe it or not, the teacher made us press under the entire outside edge of the plate with an iron before we basted it to the quilt and appliqued it down. Now I know there is an easier way...needleturn! And after several Hawaiian quilt projects over the years, I love hand applique now.

Hope your pre-holiday week is going great!

No comments: