Monday, June 08, 2009

I Have Plans

I find that title slightly amusing, since I can't remember a time when I didn't have plans, but I feel like these are different!

I just got home, a week ago today, from attending the Studio Art Quilt Associates conference and opening of Quilt National, in Athens, Ohio, and from a brief, restful vacation in Cody, Wyoming. I hit the ground running on Tuesday because I had to go back to work, and this weekend was spent catching up on the household stuff that doesn't go away...vacation or not!

I have tons of inspiration to share from the SAQA conference, which will take me in new directions this summer. Now, if I can just find the time to sit down and quietly gather my thoughts.

One of the biggest plans is to take the focus of this blog in a more artistic direction, keeping the family and cooking and other miscellany to a minimum. But because I like to write about those things, too, I think I may need to create a "homey" blog to pick up the slack. I'll see.

I hope your summer is off to a positive start!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading about the quilts and the homey side of life too...if you start another blog I'd like the link so I can follow along...

Kim Hambric said...

Looking forward to hearing and seeing your new ideas. While I do like an artist's blog to contain a great deal of art news, photos, etc., I also like the personal side. I admit hearing about the effects of the stomach flu turn me off a bit, I do want to know about the person and learn what they are interested in.