Monday, January 12, 2009

Day Job Happiness

I have a new friend at work.

Over the holiday break I had an opportunity to play pool and ping pong with some of the kids at the club. Keep in mind that I remain somewhat of a mystery to most of the kids since I usually stay in my office all day with the "accounting stuff." I don't have kids of my own and usually feel awkward when interacting with them - but I guess I made a good impression on one of them!

My new friend gave me this card she made for New Years. I was really touched!

I usually pass through the day seeing the kids as a blur since I don't work directly with them; now I take a step back to see them more as individuals. I think that's a good new year's resolution, don't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's touching. Way to go!