Here are several pictures in progress of the giant dahlia pattern I started at Quilt Hawaii last summer. It was a template class with Marti Michell and was GREAT! I don't do much traditional piecing and the rotary cutting templates made it a breeze to cut out.
It's all in batiks and I fussy cut the feathered print for the center and one of the outside petals. Here's a better view of the feather print:
Here's a shot of the whole piece in progress. Last night I was able to finish one more quarter, so it's 3/4ths done. But wouldn't you know, I ran out of the burgundy batik (toward the outside). I found another piece of it, but I'm still 4 pieces short. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it since it's over a year old, but we'll see.
Lastly, here's a view of the center star. It lies fairly flat and it came out near perfect at the center.
I'm thinking I might set it on the rust color (at the outside, pieced with the black) for the background, but I haven't decided yet. It will be 104" square when finished.