Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Box Checked

Bruce's new quilt, Late Summer Garden, is finished - I now have an empty sewing table, so I can get onto the next project!

I used the new bamboo batting for this quilt.  I really love the drape and weight of this batting for "family" quilts.  It's lightweight and soft, perfect for summer use.  So far, its only drawback is that it is very "linty" and gets all over everything until you get the binding on.  It doesn't appear to beard, though, which is good.

Here's a closeup of the quilting - simple.  I love the way quilts pucker when they are washed.

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

it's lovely!

Deb Lacativa said...

This came out just wonderful and thanks for the user's review on that bamboo batting. Now I might consider trying it for my next bedwork.

Nellie's Needles said...

Wonderful quilt! I've used the bamboo batting for a youth quilt recently. It has a softer hand than wool, which is my other favorite batting for functional quilts.

imquilternity said...

What a beauty!!

Jackie Russell said...

Beautiful quilt. Love the batiks!

F.Gina said...

It's fantastic ! What a nice colours!

The Artful Hawaiigirl said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Angie said...

WOW-that is awesome, I love the colors!!! It looks very cozy :)

sonja said...

that is a beautiful quilt Dianna! and that is one lucky Bruce!looking forward to using the bamboo bat with my hand paints!!
sonja ....from the quilt hawaii days!