Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Tomorrow's To Do List

Bruce is going bird hunting tomorrow morning in the hills above Lahaina with his brother, Jeff. My Uncle Jim gave Bruce a beautiful 410 last year and this is a great opportunity for him to get out there and use it. They will bring home mostly pheasant, but maybe some Francolins or chukkers too. Cody and the cats will go nuts with all the fun feathers to play with.

What this means is I get another day all to myself, since we probably won't go to Jeff and Debbie's until later in the afternoon when the guys get home. WHOOPEE!

So, here's my list of goodies to do:
  1. Bake the pumpkin pies (Libby's...what else?) and the cranberry duff (from Martha Stewart Living, November issue). I will make the pie crust tonight to be ahead of the game (yes, I make my own crust, and you should too - if you need a good recipe, use the All Butter Pie Pastry recipe from Ken Haedrich's "Apple Pie Perfect" cookbook - you can't go wrong). I am tempted to try the pumpkin pie recipe in my Baking Illustrated cookbook, but am on the fence since Thanksgiving (for me, anyway), is about tradition and family favorites. So much so, that I am going to miss my Mrs. Cubbison's Seasoned Dressing since we are going somewhere else.
  2. Fix the kitchen curtains. Of course, I made one curtain for our sliding glass door then decided I needed two and the fabric I used was no longer available. So, I bought a complementary fabric and I'm going to take apart the first one and sew the two pieces together with the new fabric, so the curtain will be reversible. Easy, straight, fast sewing which should be done in no time. I only wish I had a new Janome 1600 for much faster finishing!
  3. Finish the blossoms on the Lily of the Nile sample that I made and get it quilted.
I'm going to leave this list at the three things I know I can get done. If there's time to spare, maybe start some Christmas postcards.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: